iOS Apps are managed through the Self Service app.
App Approval Process
- Check to see if the App is available through the “Self Service” icon to download (on all student devices).
- If it is available to download, go ahead and tap on the app icon to download (says Install beside it).
- If it says “Request” beside the App in the “Self Service icon,” the teacher will need to consult with their school principal about submitting a request for the app as there may be a cost to the school as a school account code will be needed. Only administrators can request an App.
- If approved by the principal (including having the budget for it), the principal can select “Request” beside the App.
District Vetting Process:
If the App is not currently part of the catalog:
- Check for FOIPPA compliance by Director of I.T.
- If App is not FOIPPA compliant – I.T. communicates to the principal.
- If the App is FOIPPA compliant, then it is sent to Instructional Services (I.S.) staff to vet for alignment with District educational goals.
- I.S. staff will vet Apps 4 times per year (End of September, end of November, end of February, end of April).
- If there is already a current approved App that meets the outcomes of the requested App, this will be communicated to the school principal to communicate to staff.
- If the requested App is approved, I.S. will communicate to I.T. and the school principal.
- I.T. will ensure they have an account code from school and put costs through if applicable.
- I.T. will make the App available and communicate through a Help Desk ticket.
- Requesting staff member will need to download app from Self Service.